Lollipop Tree

5.16.2006

I need a spanking...

Yes, I realize I didn’t post yesterday. Had a very busy day at work and LOVED it! Helped boss schedule corporate events and meetings until February 2008, arranged meetings, BOY came to take me to lunch, conducted other various activities pertaining to ‘work.’

YAAAAAYYYY! BOY had his last flight yesterday and was winged. So apparently (and we all know everyone always pictures Top Gun when they think of Naval Aviation) when the peeps finish their last flight they are ‘soft-winged’ (they HAVE their wings, just haven’t been through the formal ceremony…) right when they get finished with the flight. I am picturing it like when a team wins an important game…all the ‘fans’ (other, newly winged students and maybe some others?) are waiting with ice and champagne to spray everywhere and then they get their wings and get punched really hard in the chest by everyone. That part is a little weird, but hey, everyone has their traditions...needless to say, BOY is just as happy as a clam and super excited for it all to be done (and for his pay back time to actually START). And I am excited for him too. He came to work and took me to lunch and then we went to a nice dinner last night (gourmet sushi, some bourbon quail, gouda grits with shrimp for BOY and meat roulade with spinach and gorgonzola for me, and strawberry rhubarb cheesecake…DELICIOUS! And, of course, a bottle of red wine—this one was FAT ASS shiraz-quite tasty, and the name made us giggle) and then to Monday night BINGO at Seville. SO MUCH FUN!!! Randar prizes, cheap beer, FREE bingo (just have to ‘rent’ the marker thingies); most of his friendsies/classmates were there so we had a good time. Then we headed to someone’s condo and hung out a bit more and watched videos of planes…I guess this is what some of the flight guys do for fun . It was a pretty cool video though…for the first 15 minutes. BOY was playing bartender and making tasty shots from this guy’s incredibly stocked liquor bar (all the top shelf liquors and well…craziness!) Then Stephie needs to go home b/c it’s almost 2 and she has to be at work at 8…so we go to leave and I learn (under fire!) to drive a stickshift on the way home. BOY is a little tipsy and super cute at this point (and very open with his feelings too, I must add)…offering me very detailed instructions including when to turn on my turn signals and everything. Neato. I actually did quite nicely and only stalled out once. Yaaaay!

Okay, will start from the beginning of the weekend (whose events I was remiss to post yesterday)…if I can remember that far. Friday-got off work early, laid out and drank some yummy beer by BOY’s pool, then decided to have a party, which required an hour long trip to the liquor store where an obscene amount of stuff was purchased, and a quick trip to Wally world for some party snacks (which turned into our dinner). People started coming, BOY and I started fun dancing, drinks started flowing, BOY’s roommate got CRAZY and started wrestling people into the pool with their clothes on (and falling and cutting himself/others, also started breaking things like closet doors and cell phones), the kitchen floor got so wet that BOY and I busted hardcore on it when he decided to lean on me and be dead weight. It sure did hurt my coccyx but it was all good the following day (and BOY debriefed me on the event right after, oooh and FABULOUS Bowlester massaged it for me). Then I decided to go sleepy night night while BOY resolved a lover’s spat between the roomies (I kind of worry about them; I am not sure they fight ‘clean,’ I think they dredge up stuff from the past and really take some low blows at each other, but I am not positive so I keep my mouth shut). What a drama-filled and fun-drenched evening.

Saturday was filled with a trip to Scenic 90 (a greasy diner), a quick nap, a trip to the mall to return stuff, and an engagement party during which BOY met all my family’s friends. THAT was a treat for him, I’m sure. :) We are all really loud, obnoxious, and self-proclaimed comics. I love it I love it I love it!!! Then we saw MI:3, which was sooooo good even though I am so over Tom Cruise I want to vom.

Church Sunday, brunch at the Club, shopping at Malbis, hanging with the BOY, Chinese buffet for dinner…doesn’t get much better than that folks.

Again, an amazing weekend with fun times. BOY and I talked about a possible relocation for Stephie1010 in the future to the land of rain (AKA Washington state) which might just work out with grad school plans, or it may not. It’s weird though, when you meet the right person, all of a sudden, your ‘plans’ change. They don’t necessarily fly right out the window, but they do become much more fluid. I think about him, our relationship, when I think about my future, because I really feel, deep down inside, that my future is really our future; that it’s going to involve him. And I know he feels the same. We love us. The idea of us. How much fun we have together. How we make each other smile and laugh. How well we mesh. What we value. Our differences. Our similarities. We both think the other person is simply amazing. We just make sense. It just feels ‘right.’ And when something feels so right, you can’t let it get away. Why would I let it?

No comments: