What’s happening in the life of Stephie1010 (since she was such a silly billy and didn’t post on Friday, even though she had NOTHING to do at work…literally. She brought magazines and read them all day and BOY visited her and she frolicked about the open space in the office, but did not commit to her blog. She is deeply remorseful, but not really):
I am seriously restricting my intake of Diet Coke (okay, ANY soda) for at least the next week. We are giving it a test run. I have been talking about it for a while now (as in, gosh I am so addicted, I should probably stop drinking so much, la la la la), but lacked true impetus to do it. Well, the cysts are a good reason (caffeine is a definite trigger) and BOY is another inspiration. Apparently not everyone suffers the same addictions I do, and he is just so darn healthy and against sodas in general. So he rags on me about it a lot (not in a bossy or holier-than-thou way, just a playful, you are such a hotard kind of thing) and then he offers me a REWARD system for only drinking one soda a day over the next week. Everyone knows Stephie1010 can’t turn down a bet, or a fun reward (hello SPED major!!). So I accept, and if I don’t drink more than one a day until next Sunday, I get a/some surprise/s!!!! Whooo hooooo! Although I am sure this week is going to be pretty tough…it’s not just the caffeine I need (and I can still get that through coffee and tea and stuff), but the carbonation tickling/burning my mouth…the ke-chaw sound of opening a can, the cool crisp taste trickling down my throat. Oh how I love thee Diet Coke! But I must let you go because you are ruling my life.
So Friday was in fact an excellent day even though I had nothing to do at work. Had some quality magazine time and YAAAAAAAAAY! BOY came to visit me and we hung out for a bit. He also got to sample the deliciousness of BH cafeteria food, the land where everything tastes like BACOOOOOOOOOOON! After he left I had about an hour until I had to depart from the worky to go to cheerleading tryouts and get my new babies! Truth be told, I was NOT looking forward to tryouts AT ALL. The gym is not air-conditioned, and I have bad bad memories of lingering at the school until around 7:30p when I was trying out. I sure did NOT want to be there until then. Totally not needed. Well thank God it was a cooler day and that we moved through tryouts quite efficiently; the decisions were easy to make and we were done at about 6:45p. Yaaay! Oh yeah, and BOY came. He has no experience with us crazy cheerleaders and wanted to see it firsthand. And boy was that an experience for him. All the coaches and cheerleaders approved of him. So cute he was. Quite funny, though…when tryouts were over he was SO READY to be gone he like darted from the gym; I guess he had reached saturation point. I had too, I must admit.
Friday night was chill…dinner and a movie. Saturday I had to have a parents’ meeting for my new cheer babies and then MK CAME! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO! BOY met me at the school and we went to Jerry’s while MK drove the rest of the way and met us. She didn’t eat there because she is CRAZY and only eating 700 calories a day right now (yes I have yelled at her—depriving herself of much needed nutrition).
Side note on that: I feel like an ABSOLUTE HEIFER right now. Icky. Must. Stop. Eating. So. Much. Hahahaaaa…oopies!
Anyways, on Saturday afternoon we sure did go to the Annual Mullet Toss out at the FloraBama. Soooooooooooo hilarious. I knew it was big and all but NOT THAT BIG. We had to park about 1.5 miles away and walk in, then wait in a very long and slow line for about 45 minutes while the 35 mph wind whipped around us…blowing sand in every orifice, stinging our legs, and making our hair look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
yummmmmmmmmmy. The theme of the day was “Lines.” Lines to get in, lines at the portapotties, lines for the ATM, lines for drinks…and mullet guts all over me. No, I didn’t throw a mullet, but I stood close to the field and every once in a while a violent tosser would make his mullet innards splay all over the crowd. So much fun. After a while we had enough and trucked it home to the pensy to shower and get ready for a yummy meal at Franco’s followed by the piano bar at Seville before Jack and Ron’s to meet up with BOY’s FABULOUS gay friend (FGF).
Observation: at Jack and Ron’s (which was super nice and very classy-and poured VERY strong and yummy martinis), we totally saw a guy wearing a ridiculous Barbie backpack. So I went up and talked to him and found out where he got it and then, not even five minutes later, he is making out with a man at least 30 years his senior. They leave for a while, then return and make out at the bar some more, then leave again.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE FGF. He is super fun and funny and knows how to have a good time. I also liked his new boy. And I saw a guy from high school, who I KNEW was gay from the moment I met him when I was in 8th grade. Now I just have confirmation.
After some fun at Jack and Ron’s, we decide that the Boom Boom Room is our next destination so we truck it back over to Seville and dance the night away. There is always this hilary black guy dancing on the stage doing some of the craziest moves EVER, so I went to dance with him for fun.
REASON #456784 I HEART BOY: whew, he can dance. So hot right now. But he also enjoys the fun dancing and doesn’t have to grind on me all the time like most guys do because they CAN’T dance. No no he can hold his own. And I love that.
Sunday was amazing, complete with icky weather but lovely brunch. We all looked very pretty and headed out to the beach for some eats. I was disappointed with my monte cristo (which wasn’t one AT ALL-it was not deep friend and sprinkled with powdered sugar, nor did it have cheese or ham on it…but it was still tasty), but so elated when I discovered that Gouda grits taste DELISH with syrup. I know, that’s digusting. But it’s not at all actually (I also tried onion rings dipped in banana chocolate malt this weekend—not the best I have ever tasted, but quite yummy—AND I WONDER WHY I DON’T FEEL WELL TODAY—I am disgusting!). MK then headed out and I went shopping with BOY, bought some ‘birthday crack’ ice cream, and went back over to his house to chill, eat dinner, and watch the !NEW! Grey’s Anatomy (which was soooo good).
All in all, a fabulous weekend. A bestie came in town, time with BOY was wonderful, we did fun things and ate good food. What more is there to life? Well, beautiful weather would’ve been nice. But hey, you can’t have it all ALL the time, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment