Lollipop Tree

5.18.2006

Gator Bait

Okay here we go…

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay no work tomorrow! Super excited-o! Will be my first day off since starting here at Baptist. But definitely not my last, because, my friends, I am going on VACAY with BOY next week!!! Wahooooooooooo! So I am taking a ½ day Thursday, Friday and Tuesday completely off, and coming in about an hour late on Wednesday. Yes, almost 1 week in the Northeast. So much fun. Originally we were trying to coordinate a trip that included his friend’s party in DC, visiting his hometown in PA, visiting his collegetown in NY, and jaunts to microbreweries and other yummy places in VT and NH…however, that is a lot of stuff to fit into a short trip and a lot of driving and very expensive flights. So instead, we are flying into Philly, staying at the bro’s apt and hanging out there for a day, heading to DC on Saturday for the partay-o-licious, and then going to the hometown on Sunday and chillaxing. Because chilling and experiencing the hometown and hanging with the fam is what it’s all about. And it will be FABULOUS EXCLAMATION POINT! So excited for the food, which he says is AMAZING! we all know that the stephie1010 looooooves her food.

Okay, must take a second to describe the pizza he claims will change my life. Well, he didn’t exactly say that, I embellished just a bit (me? hyperbolize? How out of character!), but he said it will be the BEST pizza I have ever had. It’s this special type of pizza that originated in a town by him named Old Forge. Thus, the pizza is called—get ready for this my friends-Old Forge Pizza (but now there is a place in his hometown). It’s square and the crust is crunchy on the outside but doughy and soft at the same time and his favorite has no sauce, but HUGE tomatoes, cheese, garlic and maybe some other stuff that I can’t remember. I am picturing a VERY delicious version of a margherita pizza. YUM-O! so I am excited-o to say the least!

Okay back to what I was saying…which was nothing really. Just rambling as usual. OH YEAH so in S. FL during the past week there have been some fatal gator attacks (which is sooooooo weird because gators rarely attack humans and even more rarely actually kill them). So what appears in the wetlands behind my house during the past week? A gator! Probably not a big one, but you can hear him at night. Sounds like a loud slow bullfrog!! Craziness. Anyways, when my key wouldn’t work upstairs the other night I was a bit nervie to go to the door downstairs. Obviously I survived though. We have called animal control and supposedly they are coming within the next few days. Yeah right, we know how reliable those people are.

Gonna be pretty busy this weekend with BOY’s winging and party and PARENTS IN TOWN! I am a little apprehensive to meet them just bc I want them to LOVE me and want it to go well; obviously he is a VIP in my life. His mom might be a bit skeptical of me, but I am usually good with parents so not too nervie. Ooooh and his sister and bro-in-law are coming and they have an 18 mo son and I am super excited to play with him! Needless to say, I am sure I will have some funny stories come Monday. In addition I will definitely write about the fun with virgin pina coladas that occurred at my house last night too...

Woot woot! Okay, this post must end now. Here is my randar deep thought o the day:

“Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.”

No comments: