Lollipop Tree

8.30.2006

aoweithgorbjfenaoi

Whoa…was actually very busy at worky yesterday.

STORY O’ THE DAY: it’s hot in pensy right now. like, ungodly hot. The humidity is around 100% and it is in the mid 90s every day. So needless to say, the car turns into a virtual hell during my 8.5 hours at work everyday. So anyways, it typically rains here every afternoon around 3 or 4. the sky just turns black and the heavens fall for like 10 minutes. But it hasn’t been doing that recently. We have been in a drought ALL SUMMER. August hits and the rain starts again, but still, we have had plenty of black days with no rain. So I leave my windows cracked in order to create some sort of airflow and keep my car from getting over 110 degrees most days. Unless it’s raining or looks like it inevitably will. Yesterday was no different. it was a little gray, but I went to lunch and when I came back I decided to leave ‘em cracked. Just a little bit. BAD DECISION. Now, having my own office is AWESOME in so so many ways, one of them NOT being that I don’t have any windows nearby. So I have no idea when the weather turns for the worst. And it did yesterday. I walk into the main area and people are coming in, DRIPPING wet, shaking their umbrellas.

‘did it rain?’ I ask. They tell me yes, for about 10 minutes. I look out a nearby window. Nothing anymore. Well crap. But hey, 10 minutes is nothing. Probably just a little bit of water got in my car. Leave around 3:30 to walk across campus to pick up some materials from a coworker. Arrive. BOOM! HUGE lightning, thunder and rain. Crap. Now I have no umbrella. And my car is getting REALLY REALLY wet. So I am telling the story of how I am going to get soaked when walking back to the office and about how my windows are down. Wayne offers me his umbrella AND some old towels from the OR that I can use in my car. Whoopee! But it’s still going to be ugly. Wade through the 4-5 inch puddles in heels back to the office. Walk up. Grab stuff. Tell animated story again and head to car. Now, I usually just leave my windows cracked a little bit, but apparently after lunch I had heavy fingers so my back windows were down about 4 inches and the front about 2 inches. And the car was soaked. We are talking PUDDLES on the floor. Good thing I got those fancy specially molded for my car rubber mats for Christmas last year. So I wipe up what I can and gather the soaking magazines and wet cheerleading uniforms. Nice steph, nice.

Arrive at cheer practice and there is a game in the gym, it’s pouring, and 2 other squads are practicing in the itty bitty cafeteria, ½ of which is roped off to steer spectators to the payment table. so basically practice is a waste. But I have to change out of my soaking wet shoes and give the girls something to do so I tell them to run around the gym (the middle school game has just ended and we have 15 minutes until the varsity game). Nice. So cheerleading practice ends and the bowlester calls me for dinner with her rentals. We go to jerry’s Cajun and eat some yummerific foodies and celebrate sherri’s 2ns to last night then I head home to clean and pack.

Get home…SOMEONE HAS BROKEN IN AND CLEANED MY HOUSE! What? Well, at first I just thought that our family friend who is coming to let my dog out during the day tidied up the kitchen a little bit, but then I realize the floors have been mopped and my bathroom is definitely clean. Hmmm. Mary wouldn’t do that. Jessica must’ve come to clean (I didn’t think she had a key) I realize later, much to my relief. Chill out and watch an episode of What Not to Wear, then begin packing for the trip. That’s how excited I am. I NEVER pack a day early. But I am now. because I have to make sure I don’t forget ANYTHING. And I am excited.

Have I mentioned that I am excited yet?

So boy has a big test today and then he is basically FREE all weekend! whoo hooo! He has class tomorrow—but FANTASTIC NEWS-his classes were cancelled for Friday (because they found I was coming, I am sure of it :)) and so we have all day Friday too! Aaaaah! Yaaay! So stoked.

Getting my hair did this afternoon. Going to change up the cut a little bit. Bangs and a long bob and going back to chunkier highlights. I like the drama. Got a new camerus digitalis on Monday night too. Have been playing with that a lot. HUGE 3” screen and really good quality. Whoop it up now. oh yeah.

No comments: