Lollipop Tree

6.15.2006

blech blah bloo

"The Majority of us lead quiet unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a laugh, a smile :), a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring--all of which have potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt."
-Leo Buscaglia

I came across this quote on a friend’s blog or facebook or myspace account. Can’t remember which, but I read it and it touched me. do I share my love enough? do I show those I love how much I do? Do my friends feel my love? Or do I take our relationships for granted and then pass the love to someone else?

We never know the impact we have on most people’s lives, because so few people stay around long enough to tell us what about how we affected them. How a smile we gave them brightened their day so much that they passed along the joy and love to countless others…

Needless to say, it got me thinking.

On a different note, I started really missing BOY today when I was talking to him on the phone while at work. I was fine, I had a busy day, and then I sat down for a moment and he called me and I just got kind of glum. It doesn’t help that I am hormonal, not happy that I have a County Commission Meeting tonight, and that it’s an all around GROSS day outside (92 with really high humidity—the heat index is around 102), but all of a sudden, I just wanted him to be here. Or for me to be there. He was walking along the beach in Marina Del Ray, CA and we were just kind of chit chatting and all of a sudden I just felt like I was about to cry. It was not so much fun at all. I had to get off the phone and make a few calls and emails before I forgot about them, which was def a good thing because he was with friends and everything anyways.

We talked a few minutes later and I told him I missed him a lot. He knew. I have emailed him and actually sustained conversations on the phone with him since he has left…quite unusual for me! the phone is usually a means of business for me so I say what I have to say and get off, but I really WANT to talk to him and keep him company while he drives…to tell him stupid stories or just be silly with him. It makes it easier for him to be gone—because it makes it feel more like he’s here.

I’m not used to feeling this way; it’s really strange. And it’s hard for me to communicate my feelings and not get all girly and crazy. It’s weird for me to want to be around someone all the time, to think about them…anyways, BOY assured me that he misses me too and that everything is okay and that he likes talking to me often and that he wants me to come visit, etc etc. It made me feel a lot better to hear him say he misses me and loves me. I don’t think I can hear it enough at this point. Okay need to stop writing about this because tears are starting…

Another reason I am upset: I am supposed to work on July 3. that SUCKS, big time.

No comments: