So I met another guy randomly. On the internet. I KNOW! Shut up. Totally weird. But he totally isn’t. okay he most definitely is but I am weird to so we mesh quite nicely. I have ‘known’/been in contact via messaging IG (Internet Guy) for the past 2.5 days. It turns out we might even know each other from way back in the old days when I might have gone out with one of his friends? Haven’t figured that much out yet. Whoa. So yeah, we have mindless email convos that help the day pass quickly. I like that. We actually have quite a bit in common while being pretty opposite too. In that he doesn’t really thrive off of people. And I totally do. We’ll see…
Let’s move on to my newest food revelation. I love it. You know, eating is something we all have to do, and God could’ve made it like going to the bathroom (you know, mandatory but not fun by any means), but instead he gave us a myriad, a smorgasborg, a veritable bounty of edible from which to choose. So let’s enjoy, my friends! Last night I went out to a nice dinner with my padre and bro in-law (it was my daddy’s birthday and my mom and sister are in Russia and he whined and complained but we had a great day) at Jackson’s. The meal started with an absolutely delicious raspberry martini followed by an appetizer of venison ravioli in a demi glace with Cajun chevre goat cheese and powdered sugar sweet potato chips. The crusty breads were so tasty with the creamiest, whippiest butter stephie1010 ever tasted (and I don’t even like butter that much-but this was goooooooooood stuff). My main entrée arrived elegantly arranged on a rectangular platter. Tender filet mignon, maple whipped sweet potatoes, and homemade southern mac and cheese (no, not the kind smothered in liquid cheese—it was elbow pasta with garlic butter sprinkled with fine, sharp cheddar cheese. YUMMMMMM-O! I only ate about ¼ of all of it because of course I had to have room for dessert. So I got key lime phyllos. It was a sweet cream cheese mixture wrapped in phyllo dough set upon a pool of key lime batter (but not batter, just that consistency) laced with blackberry coulis. Needless to say, it was reaching for the big O. One of the best desserts I have ever eaten, bar none.
Dinner was delish. Wine was yummy. Stephie was a little tipsy. So she passed out at 10:15pm. What a great night.
No good updates on TNB. Perhaps tomorrow my friends, perhaps tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment