CHOCOLATE....
I am in chocolate heaven. I don’t even like chocolate, but somehow, in a fit of hormonal desire, I just devoured a piece of perhaps the richest chocolate cake in the world. Well, it probably isn’t the richest piece EVER, but I ate the entire piece. It was so good. Homemade. It crumbled into a thousand tiny crumbles as Ellie cut it. Mmmmm.
Yes, I am at work. I work in the land of free food and baked goods. Up here in administration, people bake all the time. And bring it in. Up here on the 3rd floor it is also the land of catered lunch meetings, which means all the leftovers are game to anyone who so wishes to scour the sterno-heated buffet dishes for them. We have a fridge that is constantly stocked with any soda I could want. Thirsty stephie1010? Open the door to Mecca and choose your poison: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, water, sweet tea, unsweet tea….oooh are those cookies from yesterday’s meeting? Hmm…my last snack was 10 minutes ago. I could use another. I love it.
Back to the cake. This next move is a commentary on the people I work with. So it was one of the big guy’s birthdays and a former coworker of his made him his annual birthday cake. Yum-O as Rachel Ray would say. She starts cutting it and it falls into a million crumbles and oh is it delish. But the guy refuses to eat any until he serves us all. Granted, he is the person in charge of the rewards system here at Baptist, but he still hasn’t eaten any. NONE. Whoa. Totally not my style; I would offer it to everyone but then watch with eagle eyes to make sure they didn’t eat all MY cake. MY DELICIOUS CAKE.
I currently can’t move. The cake is sitting like a splendid chocolate rock in my stomach. I don’t feel so hot (btw the stabbing went away yesterday THANK GOD!) but I remember how good that cake was between my mandibles and on my tongue and my mouth starts watering again and my stomach rumbles. I am useless for about another 30 minutes. The cake is still sitting on its elevated platter in the middle of the office, its chocolate-y-ness wafting over to my nostrils. Which I currently can’t feel because it’s about 30 degrees in here.
No comments:
Post a Comment