Lollipop Tree

3.29.2006

It happened. Everyone told me it would; I didn’t believe them, but it did. I have gained the requisite poundage from working up in BHC Admin. I know…you must be shocked, bc it’s not like I am obsessed with food or anything. And it’s not like I am not exposed to an endless proliferation of it daily. I haven’t quite gained the 10 pounds as predicted initially, but I am well on my way, let me tell you.

What’s weird though is that my clothes are still getting bigger on me…so maybe the weight is muscle weight from working out so much? And the weight is definitely not from drinking my body weight in beer and wine this weekend...NOOOOO, it couldn’t be that. Maybe I’m just bloated. And the weight gain isn’t from my initial start date…it’s based on weight a few weeks ago. Only time will tell. I’m not too worried about it to tell you the truth.

Yes, I am alive. I know it was a surprise to not have my blog updated this morning, but I actually had some work to do and nothing to say yet. But now I do (but not really bc I never have MUCH to say).

Do you ever wish you could rewind your life and live the same day over and over again? Or redo it and never have to face the consequences of a bad decision you made? Or do you ever wish that something that has occurred recently to you happened earlier in life? I have been thinking about these things a lot lately…and while I wish I could redo some things in my life, I then think about the chain of effect and how other AMAZING things might have never occurred if I hadn’t taken that misstep. For example…I sometimes wish that I had chosen a different path to take right after college so as to avoid the extreme unhappiness and mental anguish I experienced last summer. But then…THEN…I would have never freaked out and moved home and been able to spend time with the bestie and had this amazing job fall into my lap and would not have met BOY or others…and I wouldn’t have experienced ‘failure’ and unhappiness for the first time in my life and thus been much better at consoling others going thru what I went thru then…BUT on the other hand, I might have been extremely happy, fulfilled, and goal oriented on a different path too. This crazy, dichotic, circular reasoning that I put myself through when I think about my past and its implications on my future is the reason I try not to think too hard about things. It’s why I try to go with the flow and play the cards I am dealt. But it sure would be fun to be the dealer. Who knows where I will be tomorrow? Who knows what I will be doing next year at this time? I sure don’t…

No comments: