Wow. First of all, sorry for the non-update day yesterday…I was actually super busy at work. Imagine that! The day flew by so incredibly fast. Love love love it.
So some huge stuff happened this weekend. Well, one huge thing. Something I didn’t think I would EVER let occur. Yep, I sure did let BOY read the blog. It just kind of came to the point where I realized he knew how I felt about him and I don’t care if he knows what an INSANO I am…he has probably figured that out already and he is pretty crazy too. So that’s good. I don’t know what else to say because now I know he is reading…hahahaaa…JK 2K6! Seriously though, he loved it. He laughed at the funny parts and totally understood the posts where I was mad at/upset about him. I think him reading it and finally getting into my mind really freed me in a way. I am not a pretender, per se, but there are some things I don’t freely discuss, and now he knows them. Which is really cool. And scary. And yet cool. (see “Intimacy” post…)
No, seriously…I did had an amazing weekend. I think most weekends are amazing, but for some reason this one was just so paramount in comparison with other amazing weekends. (yes, I just used amazing 3 times in the course of 2 sentences…). Friday was chill, went to dinner with a friend and then to a little sports bar, where RANDOMLY saw one of my friends from high school, whom I have not seen nor talked to since the day we graduated. He was the exact same person…pathological liar, embellisher of the unimportant, attention needy…except now he is 24. It’s strange how some people never change; they refuse it and just live in their own little world where hey, it’s fine to be stagnant. It’s just kind of sad…he’s a smart kid and has so much potential but is just so lost in this lie he has created and perpetuated for himself. He flat out told me he wasn’t happy with his life/himself. But I don’t think he’ll ever do anything to change that, because it’s all he knows. And no one is going to light a bonfire under his feet to MAKE him change. Of course, I could be wrong. I sure hope I am.
So Saturday was a gorgy day…I really really really wanted to go to the beach so I went and woke BOY up (he had night watch 5:30p-5:30a—ewwww! Reason 4 Quatrillion Stephie1010 is happy she isn’t in the armed forces…) at 12n to make him come with me. I DON’T CARE IF YOUR MEDICATION SAYS NO SUN! We will buy an umbrella…I will shield you with my body (okay, not really)! I knew he wanted to go anyways…intuition my friends, intuition (or it could be my unique powers of persuasion which I can’t divulge or else I would have to kill you). Okay, he really wanted to go to Jazzfest, so we went to both. A few hours at the beach (PERFECT DAY…warm enough to lay and enjoy the breeze without sweating AT ALL) with iPods and Corona, a few minutes at the park chillin to jazzy jams…and before it all…an inaugural trip to Jerry’s Drive In for the greasiest, most delicious, ‘sit in your stomach like a rock all day’ food. YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMYYYY. Sounds amazing. WAS incredible.
Saturday night’s festivities began with dinner with the fam and old friend from Miami, then plans to head down to Orange Beach (about an hour away) for the Velcro Pygmies concert (80’s cover band…FABULOUS!). I have never driven there before, so we take the longest most convoluted way, but get to the area eventually and decide to just FloraBama it (bar on the state line…so so so so so Gulf Coast. If you come here, you MUST experience it). Well most of the boys are drunky drunk already and BOY made me a delicious drink for our arrival (1/2 Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and ½ Malibu—which I usually am not a fan of but with the DDP it was quite delish), so I have to basically chug it when we get there. It was tasty to sip but a little sweet for the chugging. But hey, we all know I can handle. Then lemon drops and vodka red bulls continue the evening…capped off with a trip to Mecca…AKA the awful waffle.
Driving an hour to go out seemed like a really good idea before we did it. It was not so smart to do it on spring forward night, because when we left the bar and WH, it was magically 4a…not 3a. NEATO. So we got back to the Pensy at 5a. Not necessarily the best night of sleep I have ever gotten, but you only live one.
HILARIOUS: BOY sure did floss in his drunken stupor upon arrival at home. Somehow, even though he was ‘passed out for an hour on the ride home, leave all my stuff in my car, can’t remember conversations’ drunk, he remembers to floss. WTF? That is commitment to oral hygiene you guys.
I love cuddling. It’s the best. Sunday we lay around, eat some bfast, go to my house so I can change (and so he can read the blogeroo), and head to Jazzfest. Then we just hang out all night. I don’t know what it is about BOY, but I just feel so comfortable ‘be’ing with him. We don’t have to do anything amazingly fun (although we all know I LOVE fun and randar things). I just like to chill out sometimes and lay around and watch him color topographical features on his little bulls-eye-y charts. Okay I don’t watch (yes I do!) all the time…but I think watching people concentrate is so fun. Everyone has these weird idiosyncrasies that they do…I know I move my lips as I read and cock my head at various angles. Anyways…
No comments:
Post a Comment