Lollipop Tree

4.18.2006

Thoughts o' the Day...

Ways to Tell Its Allergy Season:

1. Note the size/coloration/persistence of the dark circles under my eyes. The larger, darker, and more chronic they are is positively correlated to the amount of pollen in the air and the various types of weeds and grasses that are blooming.
2. Look at the size of my eyes. Small and puffy=not happy Stephie.
3. See if I appear to be crying constantly…if I am really upset, then I might just be crying, but if I am just sitting here at my desk and tears are flowing…
4. Count how many times I sniff or clear my throat. There’s nothing there, but they sure do itch.
5. I constantly have ‘bar voice…’ that deeper, a little bit husky voice one usually has after a night in a smoky bar.
6. If I snort almost every time I laugh, then I am probably suffering on the inside.
7. I break out with little hives every once in a while or scratch my neck/behind my ears a lot.

But, BUT! my friends, I am starting allergy shots pronto so I should be able to breathe again! When I first went to the allergist and he suggested the shots due to my high reactions to all dust, pollen, weeds/grasses, and cats and dogs, he told me that I don’t even know what it is like to be able to breathe well. Really? So I am excited about being able to breathe well, especially if I will feel even better than I do now. Whooooo hoooooooooooo!

On a completely different note:
my feet hurt soooo badly still. It took me almost 10 minutes longer to get dressed this morning because I had to reapply the amazing band-aids and then text drive each pair of shoes I wanted to wear. Finally had to settle on a pair of sparkly flats because I couldn’t walk in any other pair (yesterday I got away with wearing flip flops because I had pants on, but today I am wearing a dress so we can’t do that :(). This process would not have been so bad had I not started getting ready at 7a instead of 6:20a as usual. Yes, I left my house for the 25 minute drive to work (which starts at 8a) around 7:47a. Neato…and I hit major traffic on the highway I take to the interstate…it was pretty much backed up the entire 2.5 miles to I-10. Needless to say, I sauntered in around 8:15a, which was not that late considering the morning’s activities.

SO EXCITED because BOY invited me to his winging ceremony. I need to start planning what to wear, since it’s only over a month away. Heheheee…just kidding. But I am excited. It’s a really cool event and all the peeps are in their whites…and there is NOTHING hotter than a man in a white uniform. RRREEEAAAARRRRR!

No comments: