Lollipop Tree

9.29.2006

weekend extravaganza

Whoa. We are in need of a serious update.

First of all-I feel like a complete heifer. I just ate a piece of key lime pie after a chicken teriyaki bento box at Horizen. Ugh. Nice steph, nice. Why do I do that to myself.

Also, another funny story reads as such…I totally forgot a step in my getting ready process yesterday. Do you ever do that? see, what happened was that I had to wake up early yesterday to be at work at like 7:15ish for a meeting I was running. So I woke up and started getting ready as usual and was blow drying my hair (which was also weird for a Thursday as I try to wash my hair only every other day and almost always wash it M/W/F…anyways, that kind of matters) and then decided that instead of really ‘doing’ it, I would just throw curlers in it to give it a ‘tousled,’ ‘bed-head-ish’ look. Now, my normal routine transpires as such…shower, moisturize face, deodorant, q-tip, moisturize body, put on comfy clothes, comb hair, towel hair, apply makeup…BUT NOT MASCARA (I feel if I put it on before blowdrying, it clumps together because of the heat), blowdry, mascara, get dressed, finish hair, put on shoes. However yesterday I threw myself a curve ball by deciding on the curlers. So I finished blowdrying and then had to plug in the curlers before getting dressed and then come back and put them in. did you catch that? I totally skipped the mascara step. So I go on with my routine and gallivant out of the house and to work. Upon arrival, I must pee immediately (2 glasses of water and a cup of coffee already) and I look in the mirror and think to myself…whoa steph, you look a bit tired. Haggard, perhaps. Hmmm weird. So I go back to my office to gather the rest of my stuff, get the boardroom prepared and then check my email (all while drinking 2 more bottles of water)…so then right before the meeting I decide that maybe lipgloss will help me look and bit better so I apply and then rush to pee once again. While washing my hands, I examine my face and realize the reason I look so lackluster! Cha-ching! So had to keep lipgloss on the rest of the day, needless to say. it was funny.

Anyways, went to beantown this past weekend with my boy. So great to see him as usual. I would have been thrilled to pieces to just see him for a few brief moments and that would have made the trip totally worth it, but we got to go to a super fun wedding, hang out with his friends, and visit boston on top of seeing each other. So we arrive Friday, drive to the groom’s house, get ready, then head to NH for the wedding (it’s like 20 minutes away).

SIDE NOTE:
I TOTALLY want to be a groomsmen from now on! They just stand around and get ready slowly and stress-free and drink beer and listen to music. Bridesmaids, however, fiddle with their dresses, nails, hair, and makeup for hours, then inevitably have to arrive at the church/wedding site 18 hours early for pictures and more primping. Groomsmen get there like 40 minutes early, take a few pics and there you have it. They are ready. Pretty as pumpkins.

On with the story, wedding was fun. Totally fun band. Boy was a stud in his Navy tux-y thingeroo (wanted to jump him when he was standing up at the altar during the ceremony). I got a little teary, warm, gushy during the ceremony. It was my first wedding with him, and as the ceremony proceeded, I would look at him and wink/smile when the preacher said something that reminded me of him. Wow. So special. Anyways, we had to wait like 1.5 hours for the bridal party to grace us with their presence at the reception, so meantime, I got to know Katie (girlfriend of one of boy’s besties), and a few others…and get pretty darn drunk off of 3 glasses of wine purchases from the cash bar.

Don’t worry friends, I won’t keep you waiting that long at my wedding, AND there will be FREE drinks for all.

Continuing, boy (et al) arrived and visited me throughout the dinner (fancy schmancy head table) for kisses, hugs and money for the bar. Heehheeee. After the festivities, we head back to MA to the couple’s house for an afterparty (they had rented a drunk bus to charter people from the reception to their house-good idea until you had to pick up your car the next day-we had a DD…woot woot!), which I seriously doubted would rage as it did, but when I finally asked boy to help me blow up the air mattress at about 3a (after a few hotdogs) the party was still going strong. I woke up around 4:30a again and coaxed boy to bed so that we would actually wake up at some decent hour the next day (during coaxing a really drunk nameless guy decided to pass out on our mattress and drool on my pillow so boy had to shake him up and kick him out). Also, the groom had told everyone to calm it down because they had to get up early for brunch and to leave for their honeymoon the next day. So yeah, wake up in the morning around 9 (some people slept in the yard in tents, others passed out in the cold and slept through the commencement of rain which was pretty funny) and we decide to head straight to his friend’s house in Cambridge, thus foregoing a shower in the exceedingly crowded house and taking one in a nice, clean bathroom in a clean, not crowded apartment.

Saturday we walked around boston and ate at this place near Faneuil Hall (or in/under it?) that offered all sorts of delish cuisine. Then we walked to the North End for some yummy Italian pastries and gelato. After eating our body weight in sugary delights, we hopped back on the T for a quick walk on Newbury St then headed back to the apartment for a BBQ with friends and to get eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Boy took a little nap upon arrival and I was really tired and kind of tipsy around 10ish so I slept for about 30 minutes. Then boy woke me up and we went to a bar, where he proceeded to exceed his limit while I completely sober up. Once he starts stumbling and leaning all over me, we head back to the apt, where his friend gives him a shot of bitters for his hiccups (so funny to watch him afterwards) and we begin the 25 minute, 4 block walk to friend’s girlfriend’s (Katies) apt where he had already put her drunkenly to bed. It took so long bc boy decided to dance and sing and just be completely silly/drunk on the way there.

Upon arrival I get ready for bed and boy does too, then he leaves for a while and decides to take a pitcher of water to bed with him, almost spilling it everywhere. The next morning, I try hard to wake him up then go take a shower, fully expecting to find him still passed out when I return and planning to let the air out of the mattress to wake him up. Well, he’s still laying there, but the mattress is stripped and the air let out. I like pleasant surprises.

So we go to the airport and eat doughnuts and kiss and hug and head home. I miss him the instant I walk away from him.

Amazing weekend. I LOVE his friends. they are all big weirdos just like us (although I am convinced those people who insist they aren’t weird are just keeping it all pent up inside) and just all around great people. I had a blast meeting them, and now I understand the craziness of his fraternity house. So great.

Now boy is sicky (sad) and I am still really really tired from busy weeks. No plans tonight but to lay around with my bad self and watch what not to wear. I am excited.
And I get to see him next weekend! woot woot!

oh yeah and so excited about the band for our reception...kind of a funk band sure to bring a party.

wedding list reads as follows: date, place, reception, photographer, videographer, cake, flowers, dress, bridesmaids, band, hotels...all a big CHECK! whoo hooo! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

No comments: