So I help boy get dressed and he decides he needs to iron then disappears for like 30 minutes downstairs. I hear lots of banging and noise, but I just think he must be searching his garage for his iron. So he comes rushing in with the iron and looking a bit flustered. Then he tells me that we might want to still go hiking after our fun so to pack some clothes. Okay…I can do that.
Then he irons and starts gathering jeans and his toothbrush and hairgel and I am like, do I need to bring stuff to get ready again and cute clothes? “well, yeah, go ahead and bring something like that, we might want to go out or get something to eat.’ Okay, so now I pack jeans and a cute shirt and makeup and toothbrush and la la la la la you get the point. And then we are off. and we look cute.
So we’re in the car when boy asks me if I have any idea where we are going and I am like, um, I think we might be going somewhere overnight because I had to pack all that stuff. And then I conjecture that maybe were are going on a dinner cruise on a ferry boat? Then he teases me with the direction we are going. North? South? Vancouver? Seattle? Who knows? He reminds me that Candace and John went up to Vancouver; maybe they were setting something up for us; I tell him not to play with my emotions.
Anyways then I notice he has something written on his hand. Looks like street names. He told me they were directions in case he forgot. Then, about 5 minutes before i-5, he asks how well I knew the streets of seattle, like if he told me the streets would I know where we were going? And I was like, so we’re going to seattle eh? Hahahaha. He let it slip! He was like DOH! But I would’ve found about about 5 minutes later. So I am excited; I LOVE seattle. We get a little turned around but eventually head towards Pier 57 and pull up in front of a HUGE ship. Whoa. Then we start looking for parking and pull into a hotel and I am like, baby I don’t think we can park here. But we keep driving and pull up to valet where they ask if we have reservations and boy answers, yes, under (last name). aaah! This hotel is awesome! We go to the front desk and they confirm our junior suite (WHICH IS AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST—2 balconies on the sound, a plasma big screen, a glorious bed, amazingly cool bathroom with slate shower…WHOA!) and then boy remembers he left his phone in his car and heads down to fetch it, announcing that he will return in a few minutes to get me for the next event. I stand on the deck in the glorious sun and watch the cruise ship leave harbor. And then boy returns and whisks me to the lobby where I anxiously await the next surprise. Finally, after what seemed like ages, a minibus shuttle-y thing pulls up and we join another couple.
Inserting funny story here: on the way down to the lobby, I kissed boy on the elevator and patted his leg, an action after which he lurched backwards. Hmmm….
Anyways so we pick up a few more couples and boy tells me that the service will probably tell us what we are doing. And they do! Turns out we are driving to Renton, south of Seattle for a dinner train! How cool! I have always wanted to go on one…whoopee! We arrive and leave and eat lots o bread and meet the other couples in our car. We are on the 2nd level fancy schmancy dome car with windows everywhere. Pretty cool. So yeah, most of the peeps are couples celebrating their anniversaries. So cute. So we eat salad and the main course and then stop at a vineyard for a 45 minute tasting. It’s beautiful, but one of the tasting pourers is a total poopiehead so we just go outside and enjoy the beautiful view on a bench. We notice everyone heading back to the train so we meander that way too. so we board and the waiter starts serving the desserts. He has set quite a few at the table behind me and is distributing them to everyone, every once in a while heading downstairs to grab a few more. Remember, I am quite the eater, and boy am I ready for some sweet stuff at this point. Well, it seems the waiter doesn’t like me because HE IS SERVING EVERYONE BUT ME. and I am watching his every move. And boy is like, don’t worry babes, you’ll get your dessert. I am not worried, just HUNGRY! So then, THEN the waiter brings boy his dessert. So I am the only one without a dessert. WHAT? He turns back to the table behind us, and when he turns back around to bring me my dessert, he has 2 plates in his hand. TWO! One, of course, carries my dessert, but I could care less about that at this point because THERE IS A BOX ON THE OTHER ONE! A BOX! AAAH! So boy is like, what is it babe? What’s in the box? And I am a little in shock…and he is like, well open it! As I reach for the box, I am thinking to myself it would be so so so cruel if there were like earrings in here or something. But there wasn’t! not anywhere close! I was almost blinded by the most beautiful ring in the whole wide world. HOLY CRAP he did a good job. So I look at it and he is like give it to me and after I hand it to him, while he is GETTING ON HIS KNEE, I quickly switch the now crappy ring to my ring hand and give him my left. And he utters, Stephanie, will you marry me. and I say no. i am not ready.
hahahaa...Shut up, of course I say yes! i am sooo ready! I am so so so excited and I pull him in towards me for a huge smackeroo. Aaah! I am engaged. And in shock. And…WOW! OMG! Words can’t express. I am engaged! Aaaah!
So I was so happy and we moved back to a booth to sit by each other and people were sending glasses of wine and recounting their engagements and a lady gave me a rose from her bouquet. Apparently all the waitstaff knew that a couple was getting engaged because on our way out they all congratulated us and other women ooh and aahed over my ring in the bathroom because they had heard. It was nice to be kind of in public with a small crowd to be excited with but not IN public if you know what I mean. On the way back to the hotel I just couldn’t stop kissing MY FIANCE and being so so happy. I was like, we’re engaged! We’re getting married! And he was like, we’ve talked about it of course I was going to propose and we’re going to get married…I’m not letting you go. And I was like, well talk is cheap and you can talk until you’re blue in the face, but until something happens, it doesn’t guarantee anything.
BUT WE’RE ENGAGED! And we’re getting married!
Oh yeah, apparently boy had told the train when he made reservations that he was going to propose so they told the waiter and as we were leaving for the winery he motioned to boy to give him the ring and he would take care of it. Pretty cool. And he said he thought about putting in on the dessert but it was so pretty he didn’t want to mess it up or get it dirty and that one girl almost ate hers once on the dessert…he was such a sneaky bear…wow, I am impressed! He thought of everything! What a wonderful man…
We arrive back at the hotel and we decide to call people for about 30 minutes. We are so excited. No we haven’t set a date; we are just enjoying being engaged. I hope sooner rather than later. Yes, here is the story…so on and so forth.
Boy had also arranged for our bottle of Dom to be on ice when we arrived back at our room but it wasn’t and that was fine. The hotel brought us a bucket of ice and glasses and we enjoyed our champagne as newly financed individuals. We slept gloriously and had a great breakfast, then headed back to Anacortes to whoop it up some more.
So then the fiancés decide we want Thai food and go to a cute family eatery and get yummy pad thai and matsooie (I think-and of course I spelled it completely phonetically) then went to Mt. Hood for sunset for pictures. So pretty. Loved it. Will post some soon. Drove to a friends house to check it out and then headed home for a quiet night in because boy had to go in to work a bit the next day. it was a nice day.
Tuesday was filled…
Ooh will update later… it’s 4:30 and that means I am outta here for the weekend! yaaay! And I’m engaged!

baby before house party looking dead sexy

reenacting the proposal. i love his face in this one.

yes this is an awkward pose.

the most beautiful ring in the world. i have DIAMONDS!

sunset at mt. hood

hanging out on a tree at Washington State Park about a mile front boy's house

so silly. gosh i love him.

self pic at the park. i like this one because you can see the pretty scenery in the background...
No comments:
Post a Comment