
On a much happier note, boy and I had SO MUCH FUN this past weekend. I made all my flights for the first time, including the express plane from Boeing Field to Oak Harbor. I almost burst with happiness when I saw boy’s outline waiting for me as we landed. Ah, what comfort.
We were pretty lazy on Friday during the day; boy played the guitar for me and taught me all the salsa moves he had learned thus far (so cute doing them). Oh yeah, and we picked apples and pears (which he insisted were not ready yet but I thought they were delicious—he was right though) and cleaned up the yard. Then we started to get ready for the opera around 4:30p. we were running late to our dinner with the group at a yummy Italian restaurant and thus had to have our food put in boxes to eat on the run. Carmen was good, but I fell asleep during Act 2 due to the wine. Whoa! A little coffee during intermission and I was good to go. We went straight to the brown lantern afterwards and danced and talked until it was time for late night at watertown. My boobs are HUGE right now (PMS) and very very out there and visible in my dress. Oopies. Boy loved it. So did his roommate and all his friends. one almost started a little trouble when he fake motor boated me. note to self—try on dress before wearing it again, especially when in huge boob stage. Anyways, after watertown we went to Nick and Shaun’s house for a few then headed back to boy’s house and straight to bed.
Woke up Saturday, ate some bfast, and headed out for a hike. I had to go to wally world first, but it was closed due to a freak power outage affecting an entire region, so we found a Kmart and that sufficed. Then we picked up Starbies and begun our quest to find a trail. Boy knew there were some vineyards on the way, and lo and behold, we came across one that also had an apple barn on its property. We tasted some fruit wine (apple—quite yummy, and black currant—very interesting) and the usuals. We bought bottles of apple and a syrah. The apple wine was made with some varieties I had never heard of, so we headed to the apple barn to try them. I loved the Jonagold and Honeycrisp, and so we bought one of each for the road.
The lady at the vineyard told us Mt. Sauk would be a good hike for our time frame and gave us directions. We happened upon Rocport State Park and stopped to use the facilities before checking everything out. We looked at the map and found we had just passed the road for Mt. Sauk, so we turned around and began the trek up the 8 mile dusty, bumpy road to hike. It was BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL! The hike was about 4 miles roundtrip and the summit was at 5500ft. we hiked about 1100 of them. Boy didn’t feel well and was thus struggling on the way up, but we had so much fun, took awesome pictures, and got a pretty good workout. The way back was much easier and faster after his nausea passed. We then headed back to Anacortes, stopped by the grocery, and then boy cooked a YUMMY dinner. We had pasta with a putanesca type sauce, bruschetta (prepared jointly), broccoli with ginger sesame sauce, and a crisp salad. Oh yeah, and a bottle of Barolo that I had sent to him before my last trip that arrived the day I left. It was soooooooooo good. Also, a friend had an emergency on base so we were watching his puppy Dizzy. So cute. Except when he pooped all over the floor and I stepped in it. Well, first I thought boy had dropped some cooking on the floor (wasn’t quite solid) but as I reached down to pick it up I remembered we weren’t cooking anything that color. NICE! So that led to the discovery of quite a bit more treasure. Roomie helped pick it up. Poor puppy was confused which door to go to in this house. There are like 80 million. Dizzy is a really good, really smart dog. I can’t wait until boy and I have a dog of our own.
So we didn’t realize how tired we were until we laid on the couch and pretty much passed out and couldn’t move. Despite begging from friends, we crashed early on Saturday night. Then around 2 roomie called and starting apologizing immediately because she and a cabful of 8 people were on the way…to bring the party to us. Whoa. So tired we were. We ignored them for a bit, but then neither of us could sleep through the noise and both got up to talk to everyone for about an hour. It was nice.
Sunday was filled with church, a yummy brunch, salsa lessons (I got to dance and learned new moves!), football at Marcus’ house, and yummy Thai before catching my plane. I didn’t get to dance at first because there were already more girls than guys, but then the instructor found out why I was watching (I told him I was visiting my fiancĂ©—he asked which one and I pointed boy out then the instructor gushed about how good boy was and how he was a natural and made sure I wouldn’t ‘be taking him away from us’—I assured him I wouldn’t and then he insisted that I demonstrate the new move with him and worked me in). during class I never actually rotated through to boy, but danced a little after and had a good time. We are so cute.
I really didn’t want to leave, but I had to, so we drove to the airport and said our goodbyes. I can’t wait until we are together for the long-term. I can’t wait to see his face first thing when I wake up, to be able to curl my feet into his every night, to pick apples from the yard. I can’t wait for the humdrum of normal life with him. Life is good. I am so blessed.

1 comment:
These are some really good entries babes. I love how smart you are!
Post a Comment