Well I just had a most fabulous weekend with the Featherlicious and the fam. It was nice to be home and we had a very chill weekend.
So feather arrived Wednesday night right on time…thanks to no connection in the ATL. Came home and talked a bit, then went straight to beddy bye for a pretty early morning on Thursday. I say pretty because I let myself sleep until 7 and went into the office for about an hour before heading over to the destin.
Had to go to destin on Thursday for work. Or for not work. Was to arrive around 12n to eat lunch and assemble baskets and items to deposit in each attendee’s room on Friday. Was told Friday would be hectic as the hotel was fully booked and ‘searching’ for rooms for us. Excellent. So I picked feather up at my house around 9:45a and we were on our way. Arrived and checked into our room (um, yeah definitely got an upgrade to a jr suite that had an INCREDIBLE view and got our room before all the VIPs I was with). So then my afternoon was comprised of eating a yummy lunch, making baskets for about 1 hr, and outlet shopping. Oh yeah, and pilfering (well, hoarding might be a better term) all additional snacks not put in the gift bags and eating them as I went. And what did I buy at the outlet mall you ask? Well let me just detail…
1. Fabulous fully sequined tank
2. spectacular sun spectacles
3. Pretty in Pink blazer (regularly $368, bought for $30)
4. blingy wedding shoes! So gorgy
5. retro polka dotted pumps
6. out of this world green blazer from J Crew (normally around $250, purchased for $60)
7. 2 pairs of pants (one DEFINITELY needed in plain, classic gray, the other a grey and green houndstooth plaid for $30—too good to pass up)
8. 2 button down shirts
9. comfy capris for $9
10. pretty navy turtleneck for $19
After a successful shopping trip, feather and I decided to have a throwback to college and feast on yummy mellow mushroom pizza for foodies. We each had to order our own pizza because my favorite contains TWO (2!) types of tomatoes, which are not so much a food feather enjoys. I always get the Kosmic Karma (pesto sauce, sundried tomatoes, fresh maters, feta cheese, and under normal circumstances, spinach, but since the E. Coli outbreak, MM didn’t have any and substituted for free so I got artichokes) and it was just as good as I remembered. I complimented the pizza with a blue moon with orange. It was such a delight. Then we headed back to the hotel and called it a pretty early night.
I SLEPT UNTIL 9! That made my entire night of sleep about 10 hours I think. Sooo sosososososooo nice. So I woke up, ate a piece of pizza for breakfast, and went downstairs for my day of ‘room dropping.’ Only about 10 rooms were ready, so we put all the goodies in those and then ate some lunchers and then dropped some more and then ate some candy and talked and then dropped the last 30 or so. I was done at about 5p and feather and I stopped by the Lilly boutique before heading home around 6p. arrived home to yummy tortellini soup and what not to wear on the tele. Feather and I hung out and talked to my parent’s friends and our cousins who were staying with us (my dad was hosting a small and fun golf tourney for our friends—so the fam besties and my cousins who lived with us after Katrina came in) and debated with all the slightly drunk older men.
Went to bed and woke up at a decent hour on Saturday. Lounged around for a few, then got dressed and ate lunch at Zaxby’s before heading to the bridal boutique to show feather my dress and the bridesmaid dresses. Then we went to the matinee showing of The Departed. What a cast! Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin and my teenage heartthrob Leo made this movie quite wonderful. The writing was very clever—awesome dialogue. Depressing movie though. Whoa. Lots of blood, gore, and dying. I liked it though. Very very good movie. I highly recommend it.
Feather and I then drove home to shower and get ready for the house partay! My dad was hosting all the participants and their spouses/girlfriends/special peoples for dinner and drinks at our house along with the awards ceremony. Upon exiting the movie we learned that VANDY BEAT GEORGIA AT UGA’S HOMECOMING! Mwahahahahaha! Yay! We finally converted on something. I love love love it! So then I shower and am beautiful and we party and watch the florida game (so sad—hate the fumbled snap and incomplete pass) and then started to get ready for bed. Then boy and I talked for 2 hours late night. I was missing him. We had just kind of touched base during the past few days and both been super busy so we needed some talking time. Had a good convo reminiscing about how awesome we are.
Went to the requisite church and Shanghai buffet on Sunday, then drove out to Timbuktu (aka ‘milton’) to see my sister, her house, and her adorable little puppies. I seriously heart them and want to steal one for myself. anyways, it was then time to take featherlicious to the airport. Boo hiss. We had such a fabulous weekend though. Very chill and just normal and relaxing. It was good to be home, and good to have a bestie around to hang with. I miss her already. I miss seeing all my friends everyday and just being us. Sometimes when we get together for weekends I think we try to cram so much activity in there that we never just slow down and hang out and talk. And that’s what we need.
So feather officially approves of boy now. whoopee! But she did suggest something awesome…that the besties and I should plan a special ‘meet the boy’ weekend and travel to seatlle area to get to know him before the big day. I think that’s a FANtastic idea if we can work it out. Perhaps in march?
Yaaay! So now it’s a typical Monday and the countdown restarts. There is always a countdown towards an exciting event in my life—so….17 days until I see boy again and…24 days until the girl’s weekend in NYC. Sososososoooo exciting I tell you.
Oh yeah and when did planning a wedding become so involved? Like in what decade? The 80s or 90s? because my parents sure didn’t have to plan for everything I do. I was talking to boy last night and it turns out he might not be able to come here for thanksgiving, which is fine, but there is so much that we have to get accomplished when he actually does get to come that I wonder if we will have ANY time to just be us and have some time for fun. Things to do include: engagement pictures, registering, premarital counseling sessions, applying for marriage license (much further down the road), picking out wedding bands…AAAAH! Craziness! It’s insano. Oh well, it’ll all get done regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment