Lollipop Tree

11.07.2006

countdown commencing...

Okay so FABULOUS weekend with the boy has come to an end. Sadness. But happy happy joy joy that it was INCREDIBLE and splendiferous and that I see him again in…17 DAYS! Whoopee!!!

So actually getting to him was quite a task on Friday night. Delta flights went as planned (minor hitch when we sat outside the terminal in Seattle on the plane for gate repair—only about a 5 minute detour) and arrived at Boeing Field for Kenmore flight to Whidbey right on schedule. Flight scheduled to leave at 11:10p. still sitting there at 11:15p. pilot comes out and says there is too much fog and rain at Oak Harbor airport, so we will be landing at Skagit County instead and a van will drive us to Oak Harbor. But wait, I think Skagit is closer to boy. So I call, and after a little figuring out, he decides to turn around and drive to Skagit (it’s only like 15 minutes from his houseroo…). So YAY! Will arrive later but get to house earlier! Fabulous. Load into plane. Sit there while pilot fiddles with knobs and gauges and lights (OH MY!). one guy must be a flight guy because he turns around and is like, ‘the plane won’t start.’ The pilot confirms this, so we exit the plane and head back to the empty terminal. All the Kenmore people had left after they saw us into the plane. So pilot calls people and starts look at another plane to take. I am very frustrated at this point but call boy and tell him I hope I know what is going to happen within the next few minutes and will call him back. He has already arrived at Skagit. So we sit there while the other plane gets inspected, fueled, and loaded, then load up about 20 minutes later and take off for Skagit County airport. Boy is waiting there. Fly for about 30 minutes up above all the fog (it was CRAZY!!) then break through and circle over visible land…then WTF? The pilot does a full 180 and starts to climb through the fog again. And there we are, doing what feel like massive circles above the clouds. Are we heading back to seattle? Where are we going? No word. So I watch the time tick away, 45 minutes, 58 minutes, and I am getting upset. Just get me to my baby! Come on! Does it have to always be so difficult? So it’s like 1:10 now and finally we descend through the clouds and I see a runway and a tower that looks like Oak Harbor. Crap, did we decide to land there now? wait, no. way too big for that tiny airstrip. This looks like somewhere I have been before. Yep, it sure is the Navy base. Huge light tower. Big runway. Gargantuan hangars. Neato. So we land and taxi in and have to stay on the plane until the guys on duty come and inspect us and cart us to the terminal. Turns out the runway lights wouldn’t come on at Skagit County so the pilot had to go to the last resort of the navy base. I am really upset, because I know boy has been waiting for almost 1.5 hours for me…45 minutes away. So I call and tell him where we are and he is like, well I will be there around 2. 2 PEOPLE! Way late. He could’ve picked me up in Seattle and we would’ve been home by midnight. So I don’t know where I am really, but I tell him the terminal under the giant light thingie and he startsa drivin’. Turns out everyone else on my flight (4 guys) is in the military so they can leave whenever they want. But since I am not, nor am I a dependent yet, I am confined to the terminal until boy arrives. Like I would want to go out for a walk in the windy 30 degree evening…but anyways…

So my hero finally arrives and I breathe a sigh of relief and calm down. We get to his house around 2:30. Saturday morning comes and we wake up and eat some breakfast then lay around and then go to lunch with friends (at the bowling alley—strange, but the food was good and the restaurant had won ‘best breakfast for the past like 10 years) and to the tire store, then back for a nap and dinner and a night at the beautiful Majestic Inn. It was really nice nice nice. And dinner was fabulous (Mediterranean tapas appetizer, this yummy golden beet, spinach, gorgonzola, and honey Dijon salad, filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes, and yummerific wine)!!! I feel like we did something else, but I can’t really remember what. Hmm…yeah.

Sunday morning- BOY’S BIRTHDAY!!!—wake up, eat at Calico Cupboard (I had raspberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast with bacon and an egg and boy feasted on a crab, spinach, cheesey delicious omelet), run home to make banana pudding, go to swing class (so much fun! We rock at it too—boy was swirling and twirling the mess outta me!), then a quick stop at deception pass (nice hike then skipping rocks at a beach and watching SEALS!), then back to the house for a nap and a surprise birthday dinner! About 20 people were at the restaurant, and boy’s roomie had arranged a private room and a cake. So nice. Some good foodies too. oooh and this yummy peach bellini. Delightful.

I hope he had a good birthday. I sure had a great his birthday.

Boy had to go to work for a little bit on Monday (but early, and was done at 10a---yippee!!!) so he got up and I slept while he scampered about. Then I arose and washed clothes, loaded the dishwasher, and checked my email. When he came home we went to grab some lunch (yummy THAI!) and then went to Mt. Vernon on some errands. Then we ate some dinner (at my FAV little Italian restaurant there—Il Granaio—amazing wine—dusted valley super tuscan, delightful bread, and penne with basil and tomato sauce laced with eggplant. Boy had this amazing sausage sauce—YUMMO! Then we split a cappuccino ice cream desserty thing—it had dark chocolate inside!!!)

Which brings me to a side note: must diet now before engagement pictures in 18 days.

Then we drove to the airport and boy was so cute and talky on the way about getting engaged and explaining himself and I love him. Needless to say did not want to leave but a manageable countdown of 17 days makes it doable.

And 3 days until NYC with the girlies! Whooo hooo!

More to come. I have much more to say don’t you worry (stories of fog and infection and stomach queasies—great fun!). But it’s almost time to go home from work so I am going to wrap this puppy up.

No comments: