Lollipop Tree

11.20.2006

and so it goes

So I won’t digress TOO much, but I did want to tell all my blog-reading friends how fantastic my morning has been thus far.

First of all, went out for a bit Thursday night with Carrie and met her NB (new boy). Well, he is actually more of a man as he is 31. anyways, so perfect for her. Kind of a Mississippi frat boy type. You know, khakis, t-shirt, north face, scruffy hair. Also a very clever guy and has a white house with a picket fence and a golden retriever. So we did McGuire’s and Intermission and I was home and asleep by midnight. Splendid. One thing to note—my tolerance has PLUMMETED over the past 6 months. Whoa.

Another thing-MRI went fine. But that’s another blog for another day. Let’s just say it really proved how ‘special’ I am and how God really did ‘break the mold’ when He made me. :)

Okay back to the list o the weekend…


So we are at our 10p reservation at Stanton Social on Saturday night and are eating away (we ordered like 8-9 tapas ranging from braised short rib tacos to sweet potato and butternut squash ravioli to French onion soup dumplings to yummy pierogies to delicious peppers stuffed with garlic goat cheese) and ordering drinks just as freely. Nice. We took pictures when each round of drink arrived…they sure do get sillier each time…and then Christy randomly stands up and really confuses me to be quite honest. Turns out, she was signaling the wait staff to bring miniature cupcakes for Jules and me (for engagement) and for MK’s birthday! so cute! They had tiny candles on them. LOVED it.

So we finish our tapas and mini desserts, pay the check, and head to an 80s bar, which is WAY too packed for much fun so we leave after just a few minutes. But, before we do, some action must occur, right? Action 1: Christy and I get offered shots while all the other girls are waiting in line. Sure, why not? As long as they don’t expect us to stay and hang out. I clearly flash the ring and let Christy take the lead. Then this guy in the coed group starts being a jerk and like passing the shot then pulling it back and we are like, NO. we don’t want to play games, we aren’t interested in you in the first place, we were just being nice and accepting the shot. Action 2: Merwina arrives! Haven’t seen that girl since gradumatation. it was great! Action 3: Paramedics arrive and go into the men’s restroom. Neato.

1. so, we flee and go to tonic to dance and chill. At this point, it’s about 1:30a. so we dance and these weird people keep trying to bust into our group and they are bugging me. this is why I don’t LOVE going out and clubbing. Because guys can be totally inappropriate and make me want to hurl. I am not kidding; I threw some definite elbows to people who totally invaded my personal space or tried to get all up on me.

2. oh yeah, our feet are KILLING us by this point. Like, enough to make me take off my shoes when we leave the dance hall (not really a floor). Then, THEN…

3. we notice that a table has opened (which we really wanted in the first place) and scamper downstairs to chill and have drinks and watch videos and sports.

4. get in the booth and LITERALLY not even 1 minute after sitting, men start approaching us! Leave us alone!

5. so teeney is on the edge and one guy is like, ‘so none of you 7 beautiful ladies wants to talk to me?’ to which teenster replies, ‘absolutely not’ and turns her attention back to the tele.

6. at about 3 we decide it’s time to head home and I grab cash and cab it back into the burbia of NJ.

7. don’t you worry friends! I upheld my tradition of falling asleep in cabs/cars/horse drawn buggies! Some things never change.

8. so on Sunday we all wake up later than we wanted but still head into the city for some yummy brunch. We grab some starbies on the way and start hoofing it the 15 blocks to Eatery. On the way, we pass…CHRISTIAN SLATER! Mk, of course, is the first to notice. Jules and I are so busy being obnoxious that we don’t notice and then MK has to physically point him out on the corner. Cool! Yeah, he is VERY dreamy in person.

9. arrive at eatery, and much to our disbelief, are sat immediately, which is a little embarrassing bc we all still have starbies in anticipation of the wait. Had a wonderful breakfast and then headed to magnolia bakery for world famous cupcakes.

10. the line is really long, and feather, teeney, and I have to leave before we get in. we cab it back to port authority (with a quick stop by NYSC to fetch teeney’s stuff—oh yeah, and while feather and teeney are inside I totally have one of the most randoid pick-up scenarios EVER during which the guy tries to kiss my hand and set a date for that evening—EW!) and feather and I traverse back over the border to head outta town.

Recap: I had AN AMAZING time with the girlies that weekend. priceless. I was definitely ready to get out of NY though. The tourists meandering through the streets, slowly taking up the entire sidewalk, the commute in and out, the expense…I like to visit but it’s not for me. I am so thrilled, however, that the Christy loves her life there. That’s all that counts!

What have I been doing since? Nursing a cold, starting to train for a triathalon, acting in a play at church, ruling the world at work, missing my boy so much, seeing Casino Royale (ps-Daniel Craig was INCREDIBLE—I didn’t think he would be, but he is gritty, HOT, and has a very very nice bum—it reminds me of boy’s actually. And he has the bluest eyes I have EVER seen that are natural…anyways, he did a great job!).

Boy and I have forced to have quite a few serious conversations recently. And they suck, but I know we must have them and deal with things that need to be dealt with. I just wish we could talk in person. It’s so much easier to read each other, and probably a lot of this conversing wouldn’t even need to occur if we were together. and I absolutely abhor being so emotional and ‘needy’ and talky, but I feel like I have to be sometimes. And, like last night, neither of us had anything to say but we both needed to talk. And so at the 30 minute point I was getting frustrated because I couldn’t think of anything else to talk about and any topics to spurn conversation so I start getting a little hot. Well then we start talking about that and lead into a 3.5 hour conversation. I just crave his presence so much. And I know he does mine too. but the phone isn’t good enough. and it sucks. Boo. I just hate how the phone almost necessitates more serious conversation. You can only be cute and funny for so long, and then you gotta get to some meat. The best thing about it though is that we are forced to talk and to deal with things and work things out, so while I might nag him or we might get frustrated, at the end of the day, things are better and our relationship is stronger. And even while I am crying or mad, I know that his feelings towards me and commitment to me will never change, nor will mine to him. And that is comforting.

But not as comforting as his arms. Or him. Gosh I am such a girl. But I adore my man and think he is just the cat’s meow and the best person in the world, capable of anything he puts his mind to. Isn’t that how we all are with our mates? If not, I think we should be.

1 comment:

Billy Striepeck said...

I sure do love you babes... good post!