Right now, I feel like a failure. I've been applying for jobs for almost a month and a half and have only gotten one interview. I don't have the work experience to even get a second look at most management jobs and I'm overqualified for a lot of more 'clerical' jobs. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have taken 3 years off and not worked full time, because then at least I could have had more 'responsibilities' and 'experience.' And it makes me feel like crap. So I spend like 2-3 hours a day searching for jobs and applying and feeling like I'm not gonna get a call back. I don't know how to rewrite my resume to make me look more attractive to employers. It's like, just give me an interview...I can do your silly job!!! Anyways, IT SUCKS.
It's not that I don't enjoy having time at home and with the family. But truth be told, the family has been gone more than they've been here. Sissypoo works a lot, M&D have been traveling for a variety of reasons, including fun and family commitment, and Stephie's been...well, here. Applying for jobs.
It's actually kind of nice that no one reads this blog anymore because now I feel like I can just vent on it.
2 comments:
Hope you are able to find something you enjoy soon. I have enjoyed reading and following your blog! :o)
Trish
Love you friend!!! I randomly decided to check out the bloggerooo today for the first time in year. I see the post is a few weeks old, so I'm hoping you're feeling better.
BUT, if you're not feeling better, know that I love you and I can empathize with what you're going through!!
Job searching is THE WORST. It will be worth it when you find a great job, but boy, getting to that point is hard!!
Love you and seriously, venting is good :)
Post a Comment