Lollipop Tree

12.15.2006

stephie is a crazy...

Whoa. So a great deal has happened since I last blogged. It’s weird…it’s not like I have been uber busy at work, but somehow blogging never seems to occur. Priorities, I guess.

Anyways. so here we go. Boy left town, I went to VA Beach and had a great time and made money which is always nice. I also got to see quite a few people who I hadn’t seen in FOREVER and tell the engagement story umpteen million times and frolic and get good ideas for my JV cheer routine that I am currently choreographing. Good times indeed. So yeah, I see people, judge cheerleading, eat a RIDICULOUS amount of foodies, and jump on a plane to Orlando.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Disney world. It is just so much fun! And I love that my family loves it and wants to frolic and go see all the shows and on all the rides and gets just as excited as I do. even though at some times I want to break off and have stephie time (read this: away from my family time!), all in all, I really enjoy spending time with them. I am also really happy that I get to spend a lot of time with them right before I get myself hitched!!!

Anyways, arrive in Orlando, wake up the next day, and go to…MAGIC KINGDOM! We hit all the high points: Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Snow White, Peter Pan, It’s a Small World, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain…all the good stuff.

SIDE NOTE: I REFUSE to bring my small, irritable children to Disney World. I am sorry, 3 year-olds WILL NOT remember the day and will be cranky by 1p or 2p. but I wouldn’t be. And they aren’t big enough to ride everything. And if you make a special trip down to Disney, you really want to be able to experience it to its fullest. So then your screaming, tired, child who you are STILL dragging around at 3p is disrupting everyone else. UGH! ANNOYING! Now, it is slightly different if you live in the area and have annual passes, but still, I am NOT taking my child/children to Disney until they are old enough to behave, have fun, and remember how magical it is!

So yeah, went to magic kingdom, then home to decompress before heading out to dinner. Also run by a few outlets (Under Armour, etc) before grabbing Brazilian bbq at a churrascuria…HOLY CRAP! This place was AMAZING! for some reason I thought I had been to the one in Atlanta, but I think I had just heard the Christy talk about it so much that it felt like I had experienced it. so everyone gets the same thing, a salad bar (that is filled with absolutely fabulous antipasto stuff—cheeses, meats, soups, tapas, spicy olives, artichoke bottoms, etc etc) and then a coaster looking thingy that is red on one side and green on the other…and when you want the meat carvers to come around with meat you flip it to the green side. And OMG they basically attack you every five seconds! Even if only one person has their card flipped to green! Aaaah! So tasty! And they also bring roasted bananas to cleanse the palate and mashed potatoes just for fills. So yeah, we ate a lot. Pork, flank steak, sirloin, lamb, the meats go on and on. I was STUFFED. Then we shopped for a few minutes and went back to finish our game of Mexican Train.

Tuesday, we woke up bright and early and went to Animal Kingdom…LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! did the dinosaur ride, oogled the animals, rode the new Everest/Yeti roller coaster, walked through the Asian animal exhibit (with the tigers and bats and Komodo dragons!). Um, and I sure did see a bat whip out his HUGE bat thingie and then mate with a female. So, yeah, he was just hanging there and out it comes…long enough to reach his mouth with him barely having to lift his head. So he hobbles/shimmies down the vine to hear, all while she is making AWFUL blood curdling noises, and then climbs on. Afterwards, he licks himself and shimmies away for a long December’s nap. Weird. So typical, even of humans! Also did the jungle safari ride where you drive around and see giraffes, elephants, gazelles, lions, and rhinos. Then we went and watched the primates forever. I could just sit there all day and watch them pose and play and wreak havoc on one another. Also saw hippos mate, and then one stick his butt above the water and take a crap. Then he rubbed his hoo-ha all over the glass where we were all standing. Animals are hilary.

My mom and I decided to hit up the florida mall before dinner (basically just nordies) so we headed out. Nikster and jeronimo went to mgm and spent the evening there. Mommy dearest and I spent about 2 hours in Nordstrom and got almost my entire Christmas done (shoes and bags and sweaters…OH MY!). then we took my dad and grandmother to a restaurant I had been to with my old job, Fish Bones. SOOO DELICIOUS! Home, to bed early…

Wednesday we dropped my mom and Nonikins off at the airport and then went shopping. Dad and Jeronimo face went golfing. Nikster and I hit up the florida mall (Nordstrom, saks, and ann taylor loft) and then went shopping on park avenue. LOVE that street. Fell in love with a lilly dress and almost bought it for Christmas, but then fell even more in love with a trina and bought that instead. Also picked up most of boy’s Christmas loot on this day. Then we headed back and grabbed dinner before packing our stuff up to head home the next day.

Drove home on Thursday and had cheerleading practice that afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. Filled with choreography and tumbling. Ran errands Saturday, went to bed early, and flew to and back from Atlanta on Sunday for a cheer competition. Woke up early Monday morning for my board meeting, where basically my job’s roles changed and then finished the day with cheerleading and the final night of bible study, which means all the ladies cook YUMMY dishes and we all over eat.

So we are just sitting there and eating and shooting the breeze when…LO and BEHOLD! A kitten began meowing outside..so we let it in and it scampers from not allergic person to not allergic person (ie-NOT me) and gets love. my mom gives it some half and half and water and then it goes home with a lady for her grown son.

Work Tuesday, then a game. Work then work out Wednesday and yesterday (birth control has NOT been kind to my figure or appetite so i am on maintenance mode now and then in crazy cutting back mode post holidays)…and here we are! Friday…

Oh how I LOVE Fridays! And this one in particular! Not only do I get to look forward to a weekend, but….BOY WILL BE HERE TOMORROW!!! Yaaay! And we will be together, either here in the ‘cola, or up at the summit, for 8 days!!! That’s the longest since he moved!!! I am so so so so so excited to say the least! Tonight I am getting waxed and going to a rehearsal dinner in addition to cleaning my room and wrapping his presents. Tomorrow I am going to workout and go to cheer practice and then…PICK HIM UP! WHOOOOPEEEE!

So he arrives at about 11:50a and then we will have to get back to my house, get him showered and ready for the wedding, and then drive about 40 minutes for the 3p event. Should be home pretty early and have lots of time to hang out. This trip will probably be pretty busy…must register, pick out engagement pictures, shop for our family Christmas presents, meet with the pastor (hopefully!), go to an xmas pageant, have Christmas with my fam, spend good time together, pack for his house, and then head up there…AND IT’S SUPPOSED TO SNOW!!! I am UBER pumped for that!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I can’t wait! Woot woot! Haven’t been this excited since…the last time I saw him! Whoopee! I absolutely adore Christmas and the boy.

One more question: does it seem like Christmas snuck up on us this year? I know I say that almost every year, but this year it seems to be especially true. Maybe because it’s been so warm or I have been so busy and traveling so much…I just don’t know. but it snuck! Needless to say I am still stoked for it to BE HERE ALREADY! And I am so anxious for him to be here already! 20 more hours!!!

1 comment:

Billy Striepeck said...

good blog babes.

See you in a few hours baby.

Love!